Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages
Hints & Tips
Parenting

What Happens if my Child Eats Lipstick?

Sara Connolly, MD, FAAP, Board Certified Pediatrician
January 3, 2019 . 1 min read

This number, 1-800-222-1222, is the same for ALL Poison Control Centers around the country and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days each year. The folks who answer the phone can help determine if what your child ate, chewed, licked, or swallowed is dangerous and if he or she needs medical attention.

People typically think of the Poison Control number for medication or household cleaner ingestion, but children will eat almost anything (plants, chalk, makeup), and they can help you decide what you need to do. Every parent and caregiver should have this number in their cell phones and next to any land lines in case of emergency.

Powered by Bundoo®

25690cookie-checkWhat Happens if my Child Eats Lipstick?